Thursday, 11 August 2016

Kate Moss 15 Year Anniversary Nude Lipstick Review







Its no secret that I'm really getting into wearing lipsticks at the moment. For me its all been about rocking that bold lip to go with my blue hair. However recently I've been leaning into trying out more nude shades for the days I want to be more subtle. Imagine my excitement when I learned that Kate Moss was bringing out a new 15 year anniversary lipstick collection that included some brand new nude shades. I obviously had to get my hands on a couple.

I decided I wanted to get the lightest and darkest nude there was to offer so I purchased No 54 in Rock'N'Roll Nude which is a pinky nude ideal for cool skin tones and No 56 in Boho Nude, a caramel colour more suited to warmer tones.
  

Before I go on can we just appreciate how gorgeous the packaging of this product is? I was like a magpie to all things shiny when I noticed the rose gold detail. To me it resembles the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks and gives off a more "high end" feel. Totally love that. 

Both creamy in consistency and moisturizing on the lips these are true to colour and give off a very sheer look and great pay off. The longevity however is a bit disappointing in my opinion. I wouldn't advise leaving this lipstick at home as It does need to be applied throughout the day, especially if your planning to eat and drink. However at £6.49 each who am I to complain? I think they're a bloody bargain!


left to right Rock'N'Roll Nude, Boho Nude



 I'm actually really fussy when it comes to wearing lipsticks. I don't like how drying some can feel and by the end of the day I can't wait to reach for a face wipe to take them off. However these lipsticks feel really comfortable and I always reach for them over a lot of my higher end ones. I think they are perfect for everyday wear and look really flattering with a subtle make-up look.

Overall I'm really happy with these. There is no denying that Kate Moss brings out some iconic collections that have many people raving and I myself am all for jumping on this band wagon. I will definitely be purchasing the "My Nude" shade to add to my collection along with her "Retro Red" shade which is a gorgeous plum colour for my more vamped up looks.

I can't wait to see what other products Kate Moss has lined up for the future.

Have you tried any of Kate Moss's 15 year anniversary collection? What were your thoughts? Let me know in the comments!


Photos & Words : Sammi Williamson











2 comments:

  1. Both these shades look so nice! I have looked at the Kate Moss collection a few times but still yet to buy
    Laura x
    fbl-savvy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't often wear lipstick, but when I do it is nude shades like this, so I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated :)
I read every single one and do my best to reply to all.
Please feel free to leave your blog links too as I like to take a little peak.